High-speed decision tree object recognition and OCR/OCV
CVB Minos is an extremely fast OCR or pattern recognition tool, capable of hundreds of thousands of reads per second using an industry-proven algorithm.
For object recognition CVB Minos uses discrete features in the grey value range that are automatically extracted from sample images during the training phase. CVB Minos not only detects features to differentiate between each trained object type, but also uses negative examples in the sample images to further secure correct detection and classification. This provides the ability to differentiate between two similar objects and also to deal with patterns that are mixed with varying backgrounds, for example in OCR or security print used in bank notes or credit cards.
CVB Minos is used mainly in object recognition and alignment as well as for optical character recognition and verification, even in tough circumstances. The tool is even able to correctly identify characters with overlapping extremities or partially hidden characters.
- Ideal for differentiating between similar objects even in case of rotation or scaling
- Can learn consistent features and ignore features that change
- Integration of negative examples in the training process
- Recognition of trained objects at very high speed
- Character recognition (OCR/OCV) under difficult conditions
- Can be trained to complex patterns (e.g. OCR) or easy patterns
- Outclasses traditional edge or blob tools regarding speed, accuracy and robustness
- Available for Linux and ARM platforms